Thursday, January 16, 2014

He has promised, we are his

"They will be my people, and I will be their God.  I will give them singleness of heart and action, so that they will always fear me and that all will then go well for them and for their children after them.  I will make an everlasting covenant with them: I will never stop doing good to them, and I will inspire them to fear me, so that they will never turn away from me.  I will rejoice in doing them good and will assuredly plant them in this land with all my heart and soul."
~Jeremiah 32:38-41

Are there any sweeter words than the promise of our Lord..."They will be my people, and I will be their God."

He never stops doing good to us. He rejoices in doing us good! And when he inspires us to fear him...it is for our good, that all will go well for us, and so that we will never turn away. I like to remember that when times get difficult and my heart is downcast and weary...I am not alone. Even this, however bad it gets, he can use for my good. And if I stray and wander, as we are all prone to do...he will bring me back, and inspire me to fear him so that one day, I will never turn away. He will give us singleness of heart and action, so that we won't be divided in a million directions but focused on him in the busy-ness of life, his glory and grace giving us direction as we make decisions and choices.


We never walk alone.

He promises, with all his heart and soul. May we respond with our love and our praise, with all our heart and soul, and give him the honor due his name. 

No comments: