Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dave's Perspective on Lyme Disease

I love those moments when I get to hear how God is working in Dave's life.  This was one of those times.


Question: 
 How has Lyme Disease changed the way you think about your life?

 Answer: 
 Life is short-honor God with all of your time.

 I need to BE more and not just DO.  Doing must come out of who we are in Christ.

 God has broken me and is letting me start over.  Will I let him use me as a vessel for His glory?

 God has kept me around for a purpose--I have been close to death three times:

  • Rupturing my spleen in 1979 
  • Lyme undiagnosed for 15 years that started affecting my heart 
  • Lost half of my blood in 2003 due to undetected slow-bleeding ulcers 

 So, what is this purpose of God's? Am I willing to be used?  I want to be willing to say like Isaiah, "Here am I, send me."

See More Stories of Hope
See Lyme Resources

No comments: