Monday, March 19, 2012

Identity in Christ

Dave has always been a big believer in understanding what our Identity is in Christ.  He compiled this list from Neil Anderson's Victory Over the Darkness, and also from his own studies.

Since I am in Christ, by the Grace of God….

I am now acceptable to God (justified) and completely forgiven.

I live at peace with Him.  (Romans 5:1)

I have been forgiven of all of my sins and set free.

I have crossed over from death to eternal life with God.  (John 5:24)

The sinful person that I used to be died with Christ, and sin no longer rules my life.  (Romans 6:1-6)

I am a child of God.  I can call Him “Father.”  (John 1:12, 13, Romans 8:14-17)

I was chosen by God to be adopted as His child. (Ephesians 1:4,5)

I am God’s possession, chosen and secure in Him (sealed).

I have been given the Holy Spirit as a promise of my inheritance to come.  (2 Corinthians 1:21,22)

I have been crucified with Christ and it is no longer I who live, but Christ who lives in me.  The new life that I have because of Jesus will never go away.  (Galatians 2:20)

I am a temple – a dwelling place – for God.  His Spirit and His life live in me.  (1 Corinthians 3:16, 6:19)

I am God’s building project, His handiwork, created in Christ to do His work.  (Ephesians 2:10)

I am only a visitor to this world in which I temporarily live.  (1 Peter 2:11)

I have direct access to God through the Holy Spirit.  He listens to my prayers.  (Ephesians 2:18)

I have the right to come boldly before the throne of God in prayer.  He will meet my needs lovingly and kindly.  (Hebrews 4:16)

I can endure all things through Christ who gives me strength.  (Philippians 4:13)

No comments: