Monday, October 12, 2009

Sufficient to Each Day

No matter how many times I hear this sentiment, it's never too many times! So, I thought I would share today's "Grace Gem." Perhaps as I usually do, you have some anxieties you should let go of today.


Sufficient to Each Day

by Theodore Cuyler

"As your days--so shall your strength be."
Deuteronomy 33:25

Sufficient to each day are the duties
to be done--and the trials to be endured.

God never built a Christian strong enough to
carry today's duties and tomorrow's anxieties
piled on top of them.

"So do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow
will bring its own worries. Today's trouble is
enough for today." Matthew 25:34

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Thanks, Merry. Some day I will have faith big enough to trust God no matter what, without fear. As for now, I can only humbly ask him to accept my piece of mustard seed and forgive my questioning, anxious heart... remembering his abiding presence and his deep compassion is a comfort.