Saturday, April 19, 2008

Bookworm Bookmarks


The kids and I have been playing with yarn! Zach and Anna wanted to learn how to crochet while I read stories, so I got them started on some basic stitches while I worked on these little critters before and after reading aloud. 

I remember these "bookworms" from when I was a child; they make adorable bookmarks. This curly critter is as nosy as my kids, trying to read ahead in our book! 

We started reading Calico Bush yesterday morning, and just as we got to the scary part where the "wild woman" grabs the little girl...the second Midwest earthquake of the day made our couches vibrate and knickknacks rattle! We missed the first one, but the second sure added some excitement to our day!


Crocheting was a nice way to relax after all the commotion.

Of course, the kids followed that up with a squirt-gun fight in the rain...

8 comments:

Jules said...

I love your little bookworms and how relaxing during RAs. Good idea!

Anonymous said...

So cute! I remember those from my childhood, too.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Merry said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Those bookmarks are great! How cute! I showed them to Julia and she thought they were pretty neat. You are so talented, Merry.

Hugs,
Chris

Stacey said...

hi Merry! I found your blog thru Sonlight. (You're my favorite forum lady!:) )
These little things are a blast from my past...a neighbor probably made 10 pair of these for me when I was a kid...we tied them in my ponytails! Thanks for the memory! :)

Merry said...

Thanks Stacey! So, did you just tie the long part around your pony tail, or did you actually make them into a holder? Sounds cute! My dd would probably like that! Merry :-)

Kim & Dave said...

Very cute!